Dividend Growth Forum
Jumping in from Ontario Canada - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Other Dividend Growth Forum Stuff (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Jumping in from Ontario Canada (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Jumping in from Ontario Canada - carpenter333 - 03-18-2015

Hello all,

I have been trolling these forums for about a month now and really enjoy the support your group has for each other.

I am in my mid 30's with three children (6-4-1) and have gained a lot of interest in the markets. Our plan is to have the home paid in the next 7 years.

During my earlier years I took advantage of the RRSP first time home buyers plan for both myself and my spouse. Since then I have been managing our RRSP portfolios with mixed success in low dollar stocks.

I plan on building a portfolio with a strong mix of dividend growth funds and drip.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Cheers

Chris

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - rapidacid - 03-18-2015

Welcome Chris! Glad you're here.

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - Kerim - 03-18-2015

Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

6, 4, and 1??? I'm surprised you've got time or energy for investing -- or money for that matter! Tongue

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - carpenter333 - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 08:51 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

6, 4, and 1??? I'm surprised you've got time or energy for investing -- or money for that matter! Tongue

I have a passion for business. I do purchasing for my profession.

Money is not something I have dropping out of my pockets. I have a very small portfolio that I have been chipping a way at. I do plan on getting more aggressive with funding my TFSA in the next 5 years if all goes as planned.

Sleep is something that I choose to sacrifice to continue to have professional conversations with other business professionals and maintain time with my family. I am looking forward to doing my best to contribute to the group.

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - EricL - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 12:06 PM)carpenter333 Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 08:51 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

I have a passion for business. I do purchasing for my profession.

Money is not something I have dropping out of my pockets. I have a very small portfolio that I have been chipping a way at. I do plan on getting more aggressive with funding my TFSA in the next 5 years if all goes as planned.

Sleep is something that I choose to sacrifice to continue to have professional conversations with other business professionals and maintain time with my family. I am looking forward to doing my best to contribute to the group.

I hear ya there! Have a 3 year and 11 month old and the only way I get to do research on stocks is after 9PM when everyone else goes to bed.

Welcome to the forum!

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - Jimbo - 03-19-2015

No to worry Eric, it gets better with time. Then before you know it, they are grown and gone.

RE: Jumping in from Ontario Canada - Dividend Watcher - 03-19-2015

Welcome, Chris. Looking forward to your participation.