Dividend Growth Forum
A "Like" button - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Other Dividend Growth Forum Stuff (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: DGF Housekeeping (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: A "Like" button (/showthread.php?tid=1379)

Pages: 1 2

A "Like" button - rayray - 10-29-2015

Either I'm lazy or don't really want to respond but a lot of times I'm

"Man, I'd love to "Like" that post."

RE: A "Like" button - rapidacid - 10-29-2015

You can always +1 the reputation

RE: A "Like" button - Roadmap2Retire - 10-29-2015

Can I do that without adding a comment? Everytime Ive tried to do that - it takes me to a screen and wants me to add comments

RE: A "Like" button - Dividend Watcher - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 08:06 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Can I do that without adding a comment? Everytime Ive tried to do that - it takes me to a screen and wants me to add comments

Yes, just leave it blank. You can pick the number of points depending on how worthwhile you think the post is worth. Or, you can make it negative if you think it's stupid like some of my inane comments.

RE: A "Like" button - Kerim - 10-29-2015

I've had the same thought myself. I think the reputation system is good, and perhaps a bit underused, but not the same as publicly "liking" a good post. The software that the forum runs on is not great, so I am not sure if such a feature can be added, but I will look into it.

I've had daydreams about migrating to software that is more modern and flexible, but I have not seen alternatives that are so obviously better that it would be worth the trouble / risk. If any of you participate in other forums that have a much better feature set, interface, or look/feel, please let me know so I can explore further.

And thanks -- I always appreciate feedback on making this a better place!

RE: A "Like" button - Jimbo - 10-29-2015

I just +1'd a post here and that was it, no need to leave a comment, there was no plussing more, interesting.

I also like the "like" idea though the + does the same job. Don't need this to turn into FB.

Great job on the site.

RE: A "Like" button - rayray - 11-01-2015

(10-29-2015, 06:59 AM)rapidacid Wrote: You can always +1 the reputation

I kind of looked at the "reputation" button as, well, a higher ranking then just a "like" button. But, I do get what you're saying.

On a side note, a few months ago that one guy got a negative ranking from someone and for some reason I just about fell off the chair laughing on that one, it still makes me laugh when I think about it. Maybe because the guy WAS/IS smart but deserved it--plus I kind of got a feeling he really only came here to sell a product, at least it felt that way, imho...lol.

RE: A "Like" button - Kerim - 02-14-2016

Well, I installed a like button, but it doesn't seem to work! You'll see the button at the bottom right of each post. For me, when I click it, I just get an endless spin "wait" indicator. Does it act differently for anyone else? Please test it out and let me know what happens. I'll keep investigating. Thanks!

RE: A "Like" button - kayboy - 02-14-2016

(02-14-2016, 05:44 PM)Kerim Wrote: Well, I installed a like button, but it doesn't seem to work! You'll see the button at the bottom right of each post. For me, when I click it, I just get an endless spin "wait" indicator. Does it act differently for anyone else? Please test it out and let me know what happens. I'll keep investigating. Thanks!

I just see a blue revolving circle. It's sort of hypnotizing. A Vulcan mind game?
Happy VD! Blush

By the way, thanks for your hard work. It's appreciated.

RE: A "Like" button - crimsonghost747 - 02-15-2016

Yeah does the same here. It's a nice addition... now we only need to get it working! Big Grin

RE: A "Like" button - DividendGarden - 02-15-2016

I didn't know what the reputation was, but I didn't take the time to investigate or ask. I've wanted to like many of your posts, so I'll start using the reputation button, going forward.

RE: A "Like" button - ChadR - 02-16-2016

I guess I must be blind. I'm not seeing where a like button is on a post. Or I would test it out and see if it's working.