Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone
Hello DGF Community,

I am a new member and would like to introduce myself.  I am hoping to learn from the wealth of knowledge everyone has in this group and share my knowledge.  

I am in my mid 30s working in one of the largest financial institutions.  I am married and have a 21 month old daughter.  I want my wife and I to not have to work a 9-5 eventually and ensure my daughter and my next child will be financial prepared in the future.

I am looking to create passive income through rental properties and dividend yielding stocks.  I am currently have some money invested in T,GE,GIS,KIM,O,ETP
Welcome!
Welcome to the forum gpang! Glad you found us. Do you already have any rental properties? That path has always intrigued me, but I'm not sure I have the stomach for it.
(08-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome to the forum gpang! Glad you found us. Do you already have any rental properties? That path has always intrigued me, but I'm not sure I have the stomach for it.

Hi Kerim,  yes i currently have a 2 family house rented out and in the process of renting/subleting out my co op i own.  Real Estate isn't for everyone, neither is investing in stocks.  Both have their pros and cons. 

I personally feel creating as many streams of income from multiple sources is ideal but it takes time to build a good pipeline.

if you want to discuss further feel free to inbox me or e mail.  :Smile

always happy to help each other.
Wow -- sounds like you're in good shape!
Welcome! Glad to have another new member on the forum.
(08-12-2018, 09:46 AM)Kerim Wrote: Wow -- sounds like you're in good shape!

i am far from being in good shape but working towards freedom.  i just started buying dividend stocks and im not sure if im investing correctly to maximize my return and compounding.
Welcome. You're in a better position than most. You've started investing which is more than most can say unfortunately. Great base of stocks to start. I own many of what you already own. Will being in the financial industry hinder your ability to buy stocks in the financial sector?
(08-13-2018, 08:55 AM)ChadR Wrote: Welcome.  You're in a better position than most.  You've started investing which is more than most can say unfortunately.  Great base of stocks to start.  I own many of what you already own.  Will being in the financial industry hinder your ability to buy stocks in the financial sector?

Hi Chad,  Thanks for the words of encouragement.   It will only hinder me from speculating on stocks.  I have a 30 day holding period.  But as for buying, hold and compounding my dividends it won't stop me.

Although i wish i was allowed to speculate on FX.  I would've Sold USD and Bought TRY.  i think there is $ to be made there since TRY has depreciated significantly.  too bad i can't take that position.
I have been in the stock market for the last nine years.  Half of my money is in the stock market and half of it I hold in bonds.  I do all of my investing on my own, no advice from others, I just use my brain.  I hold mostly dividend stocks and I use the drip system.  When I turn 65 Medicare will be deducted from my SS so I own a IRA account that the dividend stocks and a few bonds will offset my loss in SS.  I know people who pay  financial advisors 3 thousand a year to invest their money and I am ahead of the game.  It is all good.
Welcome to the forum.  I have rental property as well.