Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LO buyout
Lo was up over 9% yesterday on talks of a buyout from RAI. I sold 1/4 of my position for a nice gain. Wells Fargo is saying a fair price would be much higher than $60. Any thoughts on whether this will probably come to pass? I'm not sure if this would get approved by the government.
I don't believe that they will get approval from the government for this merger. Though my view is a little biased in that I don't want LO to be bought out by RAI. Mainly because I love the stock and want to keep getting all their dividends.
I'm not sure what the government will do about it. It's not like it's a loved industry other than the taxes they feed their spending habit with.

Like Chad, I was getting used to the big fat yield and the incremental earnings increases.

I'll hold for now and see what the scuttlebutt is. Of course, if it pops to over $80, I'm going to have to look at it again.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan