Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stocks you want but...
Rapid took my answer.

I also don't not buy for ethical reasons. (In fact, I love me some sin stocks.) And low starting yield is also a deterrent for me, even if the dividend growth rate is high. A higher starting yield feels like a bird in the hand to me.

As to WMT, I've never been able to get excited about it as a purchase. I live about a block from one, and despite that convenience, I'll still go much further to shop at Target (if I don't just order whatever I need from Amazon). Maybe I'm a snob, but WMT is just such a dismal, depressing, and difficult shopping experience. The stores are dingy and grey and dark, and gooood luck finding an employee to help you with anything, and once you get your stuff, have fun in that line, because god forbid they open another register. I understand that these might be exactly the reasons the company is a good investment, but going in there always feels like death to me, so it just can't feel like a safe long-term investment.

Pepsi is probably the longest term "want" for me. It is a great company that I'd love to own, but it always feels a tad too expensive, or it is the second or third best idea I have when I've got funds to invest.

Messages In This Thread
Stocks you want but... - by rayray - 09-01-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by rapidacid - 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by Kerim - 09-01-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by EricL - 09-01-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by DividendDragon - 09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by Dividend Watcher - 09-01-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by earthtodan - 09-01-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Stocks you want but... - by pyfish - 09-01-2015, 09:21 PM