Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing dividend income throughout the year
ray-ray,

Where I worked the lack of financial knowledge was astounding.  Before I left I sat down with every one of my employees one at a time.  In about an hour they had a much better understanding, and half of them altered their strategies so they have a chance to succeed.  Several of them still thank me when I see them.  HR should have done a MUCH better job at this important task.

We are going to be hearing a lot of bad news from corporate pension plans very soon.  Many of them are GROSSLY insolvent in just a few years. Their investment return projections will be wildly inaccurate when rates hit the floor and potentially stay there for years.   Not that I would have benefited, but some of this stock buyback windfall needs to be diverted to making sure plans are honored.  But that doesn't help the stock price.  I am invested in MET and PRU.  They may be caught up in some of this blow back.  

Young employees have to take care of themselves from the beginning.  Trusting us boomers with the finances may not be wise.  The pension funds have little choice but to put some pension assets in equities.  You and I do it willingly with our own money, but that plan could blow up on a corporation for a decade or more.  I predict it's gonna get ugly.

Now back to the actual subject......... sorry Crimson.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Balancing dividend income throughout the year - by fenders53 - 08-26-2019, 07:03 AM