Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate the Rich/Successful Folks
Hi, I haven't posted much, but I cannot process what seems to be a very strong sentiment against the wealthy or successful class in the US.  I am 51 --so use that for reference.  

When I grew up (70's & 80's) we LOVED the wealthy class.  That was what we aspired to be, that was our dream.  We were told that those that risked, were rewarded. Anyone could be rich if they worked hard.  Back then (and now), I never was envious or had a hatred to wealthy folks like I see today?  What is up with that?

At 51, I am earning more that I ever have.  Don't let my age fool you.  My income has increase almost 3X over the past three years and I think I would be in the classification of being "wealthy".  My net worth is good and improves all the time, I have several rentals that bring income, I have a high value DGI portfolio that brings revenue --and I have my job, with an income that is very high. 

It seems to me, to the American public---- I am seen as the enemy?  I am the problem. They don't have what I have-- and they want some cut of what I have worked so hard to achieve. When did that become a reality? What kind of thinking is this?  No one, not even the government is entitled to what I have worked so hard to achieve. 

Where do people come off advocating this crap? 

I look at Bernie Sanders campaign and I laugh--but others (mostly young folks) are treating it as serious.  What the hell is this?  I am sorry young folks.  I don't want to support your free college while you live at home and build a nice portfolio. 

So many new DGI bloggers want to retire at age 30-35!  Good for you. You can do that by living at home and paying no rent.  I want you to get out of the house and make your own way--be an asset to society rather than a sucker of benefits.  Be independent and stand on your own like we have all had to do. That is the AMERICAN WAY.  What you are doing is not the American Way. 

Rant - I agree.  Sorry.  I am frustrated with our culture at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by mikesdca - 04-06-2016, 11:08 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by mikesdca - 04-07-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by Kerim - 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by mikesdca - 04-07-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by Kerim - 04-07-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by mikesdca - 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by navyasw02 - 04-07-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by mikesdca - 04-07-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by Kerim - 04-08-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by rayray - 04-10-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: Hate the Rich/Successful Folks - by kayboy - 04-08-2016, 05:41 PM