Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting over
This year I'm starting over with a new partner, so I decided to start my portfolio over too. My fiancé is more sensitive then me about what to own, so I picked companies that we would both be happy with.
     Since I have about 8 years to retirement, I want the portfolio to supplement my pension and 401K. Thought it would be nice to have it payout monthly, so developed groupings. This is currently how I set it up:

Group 1 (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct)   Group 2 (Feb/May/Aug/Nov)   Group 3 (Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec)   Group 4 (monthly payers)
 KMB                                 APPL                                    D                                         O
 DLR                                 HCN                                     MMM                                    STAG
 AMT                                 NEP                                     PSA                                      PFLT
 HASI                                                                           AMGN                                   GAIN
 PEGI                                                                           JNJ                                       CLDT
 CAFD                                                                                                                      MAIN
 NRZ                                                                                                                        AMZA

I will have to add two more positions to group 2 for dividends to even out. Looking at TXN and ABBV, but HAS, CLX, CVS, HRL and LOW look good too. Going to drop the yieldcos due to having to deal with the K-1s (plus CAFD being sold).

My goal is to have this portfolio pay me 6% or more by the time I retire (It's at 4.41% with my current cost basis.)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Starting over - by Bobo - 02-24-2018, 08:41 PM
RE: Starting over - by EricL - 02-25-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: Starting over - by Kerim - 02-25-2018, 12:39 PM
RE: Starting over - by ken-do-nim - 02-05-2021, 09:21 AM
RE: Starting over - by ChadR - 02-26-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: Starting over - by crimsonghost747 - 02-28-2018, 04:14 AM
RE: Starting over - by Bobo - 04-10-2018, 08:30 AM