Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculate - The Next S&P 500 DGI Stock
I have thought about this some. I don't see it happening at AMZN unless a spin off occurs, which may be forced some year soon for the reasons you stated. All segments are still growing adequately, though many are decelerating which is normal of course. AWS grew at at 45% YOY, advertising at 95%. Their stock valuation is the challenge for the near term. I think that had some bearing on MSFT, INTC and CSCO decisions long ago. They were flying like AMZN in the day. They were staring at years of growth to return to their previous share prices, and the growth rates investors were accustomed too were long gone.

After taking a year off to book some real EPS in 2018, CAPEX increases were announced for 2019 during AMZN earning call today. I think Bezo's pursuit of world domination will continue until he is stopped. He has yet to conquer brick and mortar retail, FEDEX is still in business, and AMZN has still never built a car or landed on the moon. Smile

Anyone have any thoughts on GOOG? I can't even take FB serious anymore with all their recent amateurish errors. Yeah I did see their blow out quarter lol. They are an advertising machine until somebody displaces their social media dominance.

Messages In This Thread
Speculate - The Next S&P 500 DGI Stock - by Otter - 01-31-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: Speculate - The Next S&P 500 DGI Stock - by fenders53 - 01-31-2019, 09:04 PM