Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!!
Welcome to the roaring 20's my fellow DGI'ers!!

Best wishes to everyone and your families, now and in the future. Out with the old and in with the new...2019 was a good year and a difficult year, very difficult at times due to some family health issues but that's life--we deal with it the best we can--we all do, in our own ways...the difficult times. Here's to good times and whatever else might come our way.

Now we enter a new decade, the roaring 20's... The last decade was a ride, I became officially cancer free, got married, found out we couldn't have children, lost our beloved dog, lost a mother and gained great friends...another decade of life in the books. Here's to another decade of life, whatever comes let's embrace it the best we can! Love it and hold it tight because in a blink of an eye it will be gone, gone forever. We can't buy back time, no one can...

Now onto the finances....I ride the market, the good times and the bad--I don't prep--I don't sell--I don't panic--the heart might flutter but that's about it. I don't plan on changing, I'll ride out whatever comes our way in the market. I don't, well, I feel that I don't take a lot of risk in the market--I don't gamble or speculate--I invest. Do I make some bad buys? Absolutely.

My investing philosophy is...

Invest in a Quality company
At a Reasonable price
Look for that Dividend
And Never sell

I don't let politics or the news dictate my investing..I stay the course.

Accumulate through new contributions, collect dividends then invest....lather--rinse--repeat.

I'll see what happens going forward...even though we have entered the roaring 20's we are technically in the final year of this decade, as we know it doesn't start at zero--it begins at one and ends in zero. Nevertheless this decade is at a end and we are beginning a new era, the 20's.

At the beginning of the last decade I had about 100k in the market (retirement accounts) and now at the end it's officially in the seven figures. We don't make outrageous salaries, we plug away week in/week out and don't stop. I suppose I could have done better by harvesting gains...but it stresses me out so I don't. The other day, a friend contacted me, we talked finances and once we were done he said okay now it's time to sell and get out...He's been trying to get me to sell for close to twenty years. I don't know, maybe he's smarter, well, I know he is (has a masters in finance) but I'm not selling. He has his philosophy and I have mine.

We'll see where this decade takes us...a recession is bound to happen but I'm okay riding it out and staying the course. I thought about building a cash pile but probably won't. These zero trades make it nice investing smaller dollar amounts.

Friends...

Happy New Year and....

Happy Investing!!!

Messages In This Thread
WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by rayray - 01-01-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by fenders53 - 01-01-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by ChadR - 01-02-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by fenders53 - 01-02-2020, 06:40 PM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by rayray - 01-04-2020, 08:49 AM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by fenders53 - 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: WELCOME to the ROARING 20's!! - by fenders53 - 01-05-2020, 05:08 AM