Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somber Rant / Vent
So My wallet was stolen (not miss-placed, Stolen) over this past weekend. After going through the appropriate motions these last couple of days (contacting credit card company etc) I have had time to reflect on the theft. It's funny what one carries in their wallet. The things I will miss the most.
  • A laminated torn in half dollar bill with inscription ("as long as we each have half a buck, we will never be broke") given to me by my now deceased father in law.
  • A laminated 4 leaf clover (My wife gave to me when we were first started dating over 35 years ago)
  • A laminated white field clover ring (I picked from a field when camping and fashioned into a ring and presented to her as a substitute engagement ring the day I asked her to marry me, until I could scrape enough cash to buy her a more appropriate engagement ring
  • An old folded B/W photograph of my grandfather in front of his laundry delivery service truck when he first started his business
  • A faded color photograph of me and my SSGT best friend when we were on R/R in Thailand
  • The first picture of my sister holding my oldest nephew after giving birth soon after the nurse brought him in the recovery room.
  • My fathers Obituary (I was overseas when he died)
*** I wish the person who stole it would have just taken the few hundred bucks of cash in the wallet if they needed it badly,  and left the wallet and it's
    non monetary contents behind.

- Scoot

...And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us.

Sigh!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Somber Rant / Vent - by Scooterd - 12-16-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by fenders53 - 12-16-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by NilesMike - 12-16-2021, 04:01 PM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by Kerim - 12-16-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by ken-do-nim - 12-16-2021, 10:19 PM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by Scooterd - 12-17-2021, 11:15 AM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by ken-do-nim - 12-18-2021, 10:59 AM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by fenders53 - 12-18-2021, 01:56 PM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by Kerim - 12-17-2021, 11:11 AM
RE: Somber Rant / Vent - by cemanuel - 12-17-2021, 11:22 AM