Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-line trading platform
(01-06-2014, 02:56 PM)fiveoh Wrote: Yes I have a Roth IRA with TDA and the default is no reinvestment. I had to go thru a process to get div reinvestment turned on(not hard, it was just a form) and there is no options for individual securities. It's the whole account reinvest or none reinvested.

Also I have a SEP account with them that my employer contributes to and even though the accounts are linked div reinvestment is NOT turned on for that one. I would have to fill out the same form again. I choose to manually reinvest divs on that account but still it's kind of a pita the way they have it setup.

Now that stinks. Angry I guess if I decide to change any reinvestment choices, I'm going to be looking for a new online brokerage myself. Dodgy

(01-06-2014, 03:18 PM)ronn38 Wrote: Thanks everyone-- this has been very helpful.

I opened an account with TradeKing for a test drive, andy whereas I like the educational secrions- funding requires physical copies of certain documents sent. And with the current weather in the Midwester, anything that cant be done " on-line" is same as cant be done.

In addition, I really didn't see anything in research "whistles" that my morning premium acount didn't cover.

I have a sharebuilder account I set up sometime ago- but I haven't been back since (I believe something about them bothered me, but now I don't recall what).

I scottrade idea of moving your dividend reinvestment around seems very appealing.

Ronn

Ron, can you give any more details on just what they offer in research info? S&P, CreditSuisse or ValueLine reports? A screener that has more than a few options? I don't use the TDA trading tool any more since they switched platforms. It's definitely geared for frequent traders.

Keep warm, it's moving our way. Confused
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
On-line trading platform - by ronn38 - 01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by ChadR - 01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by hendi_alex - 01-04-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by Robandcindy2 - 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by fiveoh - 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by fiveoh - 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by Dividend Watcher - 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by ronn38 - 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM