Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My DG Portfolio
Hello all, this is my first post here but I've been participating in dividend growth investing for almost a year and a half now.

I just turned 27 recently, so I'm definitely on the young side for a DG investor, but I know that this is nothing but a positive, allowing years for the wonders of compounding to take effect.

Unfortunately, after I had accumulated over $8,000 of initial purchases, very carefully picking entry prices in stocks like AFL, MO, CSX, RDS.B, ABT, ABBV, KMR, and a couple more, I can't remember, I decided to buy a house, and things got ugly.

After my banker initially told me we were all good, our down payment was enough, they turned around at the last minute and said that it wasn't enough, and if we didn't add to it immediately, we would lose the many thousand each we had already put down AND the house. So, I did what I had to do, and liquidated all of my holdings except for a few fractional shares of MO and CSX in September 2013.

Since then, I've been working on putting the pieces back together. Of course, when I bought most of the original shares was during the first debt ceiling battles in Washington, so prices were lower than what I've had to buy at recently, which has stung.

Anyway, here's where I'm at so far. Keep in mind, I'm young, and just getting started (for the second time), amounts will be small to begin with:

AFL- 15.17 shares bought @ an average of $66.64
CSX-35.13 @ $28.41
MO-.22 (left over) @ $35.2
CVX- 8 @ 117.89
O-26.11 @ 38.07
AAPL- 2.01 @ 519.52

So in there I've got an E-REIT, financial services, transportation, an oil major, and tech/consumer in AAPL. I've also got five large caps, including two of the most mega of the mega caps in CVX and AAPL. Obviously, there is a long way to go as far as diversification. I would like to hold many more stocks in my portfolio just for safety's sake, and because it feels better to have lots of smaller dividends rolling in regularly than a few big ones every three months.

In upcoming months and years, because of my age, I hope to acquire some DG stocks that have more of a growth and risk aspect, as I feel I am completely lacking that category at the moment.

At the top of my growth wishlist are: ROIC, ORIT, TD, V and FCX (I consider FCX growth because the PEG under .5 gives it a lot of potential to pop)

I'm also hoping to add a tobacco position, either more MO or some PM, and some stalwarts on my watch list include TGT (hoping to catch the bottom of this temporary credit-security related blip), WMT, ABT, JNJ, UNH, KO, MCD, WFC, OHI, and GE.

like so many others with markets near all-time highs, I'm having a difficult time finding favorable prices for a lot of these companies, but I'm especially enamored with names like ROIC, ORIT, TD, and FCX, as I love a lot of the fundamentals there, and think the market will eventually realize the true value of those firms' earnings.

I would LOVE some input, so let me know what you think everyone!

Messages In This Thread
My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Kerim - 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by KowboysUp - 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Roadmap2Retire - 08-07-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: My DG Portfolio - by Dividend Watcher - 08-07-2014, 10:26 PM