Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 companies that control everything.
(04-16-2014, 10:32 AM)hendi_alex Wrote: "Other folks have different goals and use different tactics to help them meet their goals. That adds to the variety and richness of the discussion. "

I agree 100%. The demands for income, the risk tolerance, various sources of income outside of the portfolio, temperament, total return objectives, investing horizon .......... All are so variable that one person's strategy will almost never be a very close match to that of another. Sometimes I play a bit of devils advocate here, mostly because stock boards of a specific theme often get a bit to sanitized, always giving the peachy view of the particular stock or strategy. DG strategies are sound and at least some exposure to such would be appropriate for most investors. On the other hand, IMO, the benefits of DG investing perhaps get over stated many times, and the costs associated with the strategy are likely understated much of the time. Because of that, it is probably a healthy thing to have discussion and debate dealing with weaknesses in the strategy or the benefits of alternative strategies. That way the content of the forum takes on a much more balanced tone where, especially younger investors, may be encouraged explore more alternatives which give rise to a more diversified set of investing strategies.

Excellent response Alex. While I don't always agree with you, I do appreciate hearing things from your perspective.

I haven't ventured into using options much, and the few times I have didn't work out for me, but I like learning from other people's experiences and you've always been willing to share those with the board.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 companies that control everything. - by EricL - 04-16-2014, 10:50 AM