Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-dividend, non-growth stocks?
I've been a member of Investor Village for several years and have also been a member of a gardening forum called Helpfulgarden.com. I.V. has struggled to survive, while helpfulgardener has thrived. One difference that I see is in the forum structure. This forum is arranged more like helpful gardener with limited boards. IMO that is helpful as posting volume is not diluted over an almost infinite number of boards that exists at I.V.

My suggestion is that you give a lot of thought to the main board categories, and never let them grow beyond 12-15 boards. Perhaps even reserve one as an archive board, where minimally active boards get placed if they don't make it as a stand alone board on your main page.

Right now the site title is pretty limiting, and a lack of consistency is developing between the board themes versus the site name. IMO that is not a major problem, but it would seem that a more general Forum name would have better matched the board selection that is evolving. My interests relate to a balance between cash flow generation and growth of portfolio NAV over time, therefore any topics relating to those objectives would fit. Am not interested in day trading or very quick turnover plays, though occasionally do such in my more active account. I'm not usually looking for a quick profit, but sometimes when a ticker bounces by 5%-10% very quickly after a buy, I'll cash my chips in the active IRA. I'm exclusively looking for long term ideas for my cash account and am looking for more transient moves that play out over a 6 month to 2 year period in my IRA.
Alex

Messages In This Thread
High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by aagha - 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Kerim - 03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by cannew - 09-22-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by EricL - 09-22-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Ok Red - 09-25-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by hendi_alex - 09-26-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: High-dividend, non-growth stocks? - by Kerim - 09-26-2013, 09:39 PM