Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you state your goals, and how do you measure outcomes?
At this point for me, I am really only trying to increase my invested capital. I try to invest at least 10% of each paycheck, or set it aside for a larger purchase(investment). Fortunately, I've had a few months where I managed to get around 35% of total monthly net pay invested.

The only debt I have is a moderate car loan, so all I really try to beat is at least 4% to gain at least 2% over the loans APR of 1.98%. As young as I am(relative to many here at 27) I have decades to go, and I may never even traditionally retire. I know that if I can get paid to talk and write about financial matters and insights, that is something I would gladly do until the day I die. Smile

I do have the end goal of achieving stable yearly livable income off of my dividends and other incomes/distributions, and one of the great things about slowing down and getting older is needing less to get to where I need to be.

I can learn a lot by one great example, my grandfather, who is very happy and doesn't even spend all of the money he gets from his pensions and SS, he gains at decent amount a month, and just puts it away into a bank account. He doesn't even need to use his investment income, he has only had to use it a few times to pay for unexpected medical bills.

Learning to live on less and appreciate the simple things can go a long way with stretching your investments. Minimalism and the stoic philosophy go along very nicely with dividend investing and people trying to be FIRE and ERE'ers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you state your goals, and how do you measure outcomes? - by Dividend Gamer - 10-09-2014, 08:26 AM