Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividend questions
I'll echo many of the thoughts here.

You need diversification...think not all your eggs in the same basket.

You have a luxury many of the regulars here do not-TIME. So with that in focus don't come at this with a "gotta have 20 stocks now" frame of mind.

I think you have made two excellent choices so far. You have a Tech and a Consumer Cyclical. Trust your 20's instinct and start contemplating an Industrial, a Consumer Staple and an Energy stock(especially since they are so cheap now). Don't focus on what a "near retiree" would want, rather let your 20-something intuition guide you to what YOU think will grow nicely over the next 20-30 years.

Be patient. Not knowing your saving rate or available funds, set a goal. Let's say you have $1,000 in DIS and $1,000 in AAPL. When you have another $1,000 grab your next stock. And so on...

Tim McAlleenan, Jr. is an author I think you will be able to relate to. I love his insights and style. I believe he is still in Grad School too. Here is a link to his latest:

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...ind-again/

Go back through his articles. There are lots of ideas and "historical perspectives". You are on the right track. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Rob

Ps....reinvest those dividends
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner

Messages In This Thread
Dividend questions - by guileapp - 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Dividend questions - by Joey Batz - 11-07-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: Dividend questions - by kayboy - 11-07-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Dividend questions - by earthtodan - 11-07-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: Dividend questions - by Jimbo - 11-07-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Dividend questions - by Be Here Now - 11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Dividend questions - by Robandcindy2 - 11-08-2014, 07:14 PM