Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are We Going From Here? (Nov 2014)
I don't have a cohesive statement flow, nor do I have a macro roadmap to contribute, but I do have thoughts that float around, tho none of them are news to anyone:

Diversification allows for "mistakes" and bumpy roads. 3 of my top 5 holdings comprising a total of 10% of my portfolio are down an average of -4.49% today. My overall portfolio is up 0.15% today

Large / Mega Cap + Low Beta = 8h sleep every night. Build your core portfolio through a concentrated set of Large / Mega cap Blue Chips. Develop rest of portfolio with quality assistance companies

Numbers talk, everything else walks. I get SA instant alerts on all articles written about companies in my portfolio and I read maybe 5% of them. As DW stated, develop your own thesis about why you own a company. If the numbers work for you then stick to your guns and remember that most people are paid to write the articles you read online.

Lastly ... ignore the noise. And almost all of it is noise. /CL -8% in one day is noise. Assuming you don't own ARCP nor SDRL, their plight is noise. Record cold winter is noise.

Accumulate dividend checks
Run screens for value
Allocate capital
Rinse & Repeat

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Are We Going From Here? (Nov 2014) - by rapidacid - 11-28-2014, 12:56 PM