Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
Hey all.

I have been investing in my IRA (vid funds) for quite awhile now. But I'm getting interested in DGI as a secondary strategy. Currently I'm just reading and learning and trying to digest.

I have a couple of questions for all of you. Please, correct if my wrong in my assumptions.

There was a upswing in DGI investing subsequent to the Great Recession. This was due to the ease of which in finding quality companies at valued prices. It appears to me that the ease of finding low-value stocks is getting more and more challenging as the market is close to full-value or overpriced.

I'm asking because I don't want to begin this strategy now if it's not sound. I still have a lot of reading/research/thinking to do before I make any moves, so I'm not in a hurry exactly. Perhaps by the time I'm ready to make a purchase, the market will have corrected down to a more discounted level.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before. Any other advice for somebody starting today that you might have would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of you have been on the train for a few years, so my situation is different.

But I feel like it's worthwhile to investigate the efficacy of a DGI strategy when the market is at or close to full value.

Thank you so much!! So excited to explore this world.

Messages In This Thread
New Guy - by simple_is_rich - 12-19-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: New Guy - by Dividend Watcher - 12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
RE: New Guy - by simple_is_rich - 12-20-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: New Guy - by Kerim - 12-20-2014, 08:41 AM