Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought TSCO on the big drop after hours. Been looking to buy this stock for like 5 years lol. Blamed it on the colder weather. But now that the weather is getting hot I see this as temporary and a great buying opportunity here. VLO is next on my list now.
Doubled my position in BAC (still not a big one).
(06-28-2016, 04:37 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 02:42 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Sold 1/2 position in GIS today, using the proceeds to buy NKE.  I don't think I've ever done something like this before, as I generally tend to hold forever.  GIS has run up so high, and it's a slow grower.  NKE is a fast grower and has come down.  Seems like a good trade to me.

I actually sold NKE today right before the close. But I'm looking to buy back in a bit cheaper.

Timing the market is more important than time in the market? lol That's not the saying is it Tongue

Can't say I blame you too much (and you may still get a better price eventually). Made sense given the likely weak earning report that the stock would drop...which it did...hard to predict it would recover 10% pretty much immediately haha Hard to predict short term movements. With stocks as high quality as Nike prob just better to Buy and Hold forever Smile
Okay, sold 33%-67% of GIS, K, & O positions, and also sold most of HSY.

Bought some NKE, DIS, SCHW, and V today with the proceeds. Also plan on buying back HSY near $100 (set a GTC buy limit order @$100.25).

I don't know who I am today. I normally buy & hold forever, so I am acting out of character. But those companies had run up so high, I rebalanced into some faster growing companies and expect to be happy about this in ten years. That being said, I've done my selling for the next year. Not my personality.
This week I bought BA and more CSCO before ex-div.  

Next week eyeballing PSX and HD.

Tempted to sell AAPL to tax loss harvest.
Bought 22 shares of TD today for the Roth IRA, helping me to get some exposure in the financial sector.

Next up, I'll be looking to start a position in CMI and add to my position of CAH.
Bought some PSX
More WFC. It's now my 3rd biggest position after T and CVX.
(07-05-2016, 11:54 PM)navyasw02 Wrote: Bought some PSX

I have PSX and VLO on my to buy list. Looks like further downside still. I bought V and some more T today.
I'd be a bit careful on the pure refiners. The oil market is going under some big changes, those crack spreads could be in trouble in a rising crude price environment.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Today I added my fourth company to my portfolio with 2 shares of WFC.
SYF. Nice runway here, happy with their starting yield.