Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to my Omega Health (OHI) position this morning.

8.6% yield!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Nice add Eric. I bought OHI 2 days early. PG and KMB getting interesting as are utilities. But they may have more downside left.
why is OHI getting crushed? what changed for them
Pretty much all of the REITs, utilities, and higher yielding consumer staples are getting crushed. The difference is that OHI was already cheap before this recent selloff as it sold off previously with the healthcare sector.
(11-10-2016, 10:29 AM)divmenow Wrote: Nice add Eric. I bought OHI 2 days early. PG and KMB getting interesting as are utilities. But they may have more downside left.

I agree that utilities are still fairly expensive, REITs are really starting to look interesting though. Realty Income has passed the 4.5% yield point, at 5% its a buy.

EXR and COR are a couple higher growth ones that may be worth looking at here on the pullback. CLDT is also dirt cheap, but has more concerns with slowing growth in the hotel industry.
Picked up the following at open:
21.0 shares of CBRL at $143.72 Div 3.14%
33.0 shares of GPC at $90.64 Div 2.79%
I initiated a position in TD
Sold CAH after the $9 run-up and put it in the more stead performer in PEP and KMB. I'm not buying anything that was up BIG the last few days. Could have bought CBRL at $132 the other day. Chasing it a bit here No? Lots of sectors way over bought now. Aerospace, Banks, Machinery, Drugs ect. Happy I got into WFC, RTN, GILD, AMGN, and CVS on Monday.
(11-10-2016, 10:23 AM)EricL Wrote: Added to my Omega Health (OHI) position this morning.

8.6% yield!

Thanks for the idea Eric. Added 30% more to my existing position at $28.50. I had not been watching the destruction in this.

(11-11-2016, 01:03 PM)rapidacid Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 10:23 AM)EricL Wrote: Added to my Omega Health (OHI) position this morning.

8.6% yield!

Thanks for the idea Eric. Added 30% more to my existing position at $28.50. I had not been watching the destruction in this.

Looks like catching a falling knife.  What does everyone see in this stock that it will turn around soon?
Bought some ADM on a downgrade today at $41.79
(11-11-2016, 02:35 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 01:03 PM)rapidacid Wrote:

8.6% yield!

Looks like catching a falling knife.  What does everyone see in this stock that it will turn around soon?

Marty, I don't know about the others but I'm not too worried about a "turn around soon".

The last four quarters funds from operations (FFO), a non-GAAP measure adopted by the equity REIT industry to account for the substantial non-cash expenses required by GAAP accounting, was $3.08. At $29.00 per share, that's a P/FFO of around 9 -- pretty low.

In addition, the yield with an indicated dividend of $2.44 is over 8% and a FFO payout ratio of around 79% which, to me, seems well covers the dividend.

Price ain't everything. Reinvest at 8% for a few years and see how well that works. Not only that, those depending on that income in the very near future just got a raise if they wish to take advantage of it. My limit order is in.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan