Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
BTW.... HCN looks very interesting at these levels. $52.22 we are at a 2 year low here now. Wow!!
Thanks all for your help. I bought 15 XOM and 12 shares of HSY this afternoon. I have roughly about 6k to spend. Where do you suggest I put it? Any other good buys in the market right now?

I own
TGT, MCD, XOM, HSY, CVS, YUM and DIS

Should I own some utilities? Or go with Growth?
I like D for a utility at a 4.5% yield, and Realty Income looks good at a 5.3% yield.

Maybe JNJ for health care?

PEP at a 3.35% yield doesn't look bad.

If you want some growth TJX just announced a 25% dividend increase and announced nice guidance for 2017.

MMM is a bit expensive, but is a nice and steady industrial.

AAPL, ADP, CSCO, MSFT, TXN, V, MA for tech ideas.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I always like to have a little in utilities. Water utilities (AWK, AWR, WTR) are really stable bets though they are heavily regulated so growth is slow.

T is not a bad bet at these prices either. I also agree with Eric about JNJ and PEP being interesting at these levels.

An industrial would also fit in well, I've been with HON for a long time but there are other quality options too.
Thanks guys you have been a big help.

After some research I narrowed my names down to 3.

JNJ is perfect for our family as we all use there products. And D is actually our provider lol. HON has come down and looks like a great buy here. I thought of LMT as well but is $300 a share Wink

So I think I will go with JNJ, HON and D. I will keep a few dollar on hand for later.

CSCO on our watch list
Those are 3 good purchases. Your future self will be happy with these purchases. Are you DRIPing your dividends or getting them in cash to go towards your next purchase?
I use Etrade so I am doing drip. I also bought 25 KSS this morning. It's my favorite place to shop and the numbers were very good. Was down $5.
Will probably add to DIS or JNJ next week. Both are down quite a bit from just two months ago, and both I want to own forever. Any input?
Good write up on DIS by dividend growth investor. http://www.dividendgrowthinvestor.com/20...lysis.html

I like both of them.
Been looking at stocks I've owned for awhile and are down considerably.  Planning on adding to these positions in the upcoming weeks. Wanted to know what your opinions are?  

Dominion Energy 
Duke Energy
Hershey - 
Kimberly Clark 
Merck
Procter and Gamble
Southern Company
UPS
Exxon Mobil - 

I've noticed most of these companies are utilities or consumer staples that have been getting hit the hardest.
(03-02-2018, 02:35 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Will probably add to DIS or JNJ next week.  Both are down quite a bit from just two months ago, and both I want to own forever.  Any input?

Both are ones I have my eyes on.
However I think my adds for March will be PEP, RDS and possibly TD.

But who knows, I'll take a look at making the buys in about a week and a half when I get my salary.
(03-03-2018, 07:30 PM)RyanCMason Wrote: Been looking at stocks I've owned for awhile and are down considerably.  Planning on adding to these positions in the upcoming weeks. Wanted to know what your opinions are?  

Dominion Energy 
Duke Energy
Hershey - 
Kimberly Clark 
Merck
Procter and Gamble
Southern Company
UPS
Exxon Mobil - 

I've noticed most of these companies are utilities or consumer staples that have been getting hit the hardest.
UPS to me is a great buy. The Amazon news is way over blown. Amazon still need UPS even if they get there own delivery trucks up and running.

Utilities I'm not a fan of.  Interest rates all on the rise and this group will suffer. Quite frankly all high dividend stocks will suffer going forward. Most are still trading at high valuations based on historic yield levels. But I did buy some SO because that stock is at a yield level that hasn't been seen in over 3 years. D no ones likes the deal they made with Scana.  It hasn't recovered since they made the deal.

XOM - Great buy at these levels. (I have been adding here)

PG - Not a fan of either. Just think about it. Ever since Peltz joined the board it has cratered. The talk is the stock is headed to $70. I'm waiting on that one. No need to rush in just yet. 

HSY - I just bought so like it here.

MRK - Just too much negativity on that stock and CEO Frazier must go. I would much rather own PFE or LLY

KMB - Can't go wrong at these levels. Good long term buy 

I also like CVS here