Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I AAPL ever going to go up? My god this is getting crazy now. Wish I never added at $203 lol. At this rate we will be back under $100. Trump and his tariffs. Ugh!!

On a separate note: Added to BMY pre-market
(11-27-2018, 08:52 AM)divmenow Wrote: I AAPL ever going to go up? My god this is getting crazy now. Wish I never added at $203 lol. At this rate we will be back under $100. Trump and his tariffs. Ugh!!

On a separate note: Added to BMY pre-market

No it seems clear AAPL is going to zero. Smile  I'll keep you company on the ride down.  I bought some new shares at 206, 198. 186, 176.  The purchases were small but I definitely blew the entry.

MO does look good here.  Hope it finds a bottom soon.  Not a bad place to enter BMY in my opinion.   

The tariff threat game is getting more than a little stale.  I don't think it is the least but constructive at this point.  Unconditional surrender from the entire world is not going to happen.
Yeah, it sucks to buy right as a dip accelerates and see you could have gotten your shares cheaper if you had waited. But AAPL will reward you either way. AAPL continues to be an almost unfathomably profitable company, and just reported their best Q4 results ever. This is not a company to worry about at the moment!
I find great comfort in AAPLs ability to buy or innovate their way out of any near-term problem that may be over-blown in the first place. The market is just spoiled and used to it running for years on end without a significant pullback. I could be all wet, but I think AAPL is as close to a consumer staple as you are going to find in tech. I don't even want to think about a recession so bad that the cult will stop buying their products at a reasonable rate as improvements are introduced. Those hedge funds that have been selling for a month will be back to run it up in the end. I'll not be surprised to learn later that AAPL already is, or soon will be buying back enough shares to help the stock find a bottom.
Added to AAPL and MO earlier this morning.
Added CM.to and TD.to yesterday
Added some shell on Monday.
Added to KHC and XOM today.
Sold more puts in AEP and D today. Someday I'll be long. I'm about to dump some of my Ford before they announce something like GM did yesterday and get targeted by the gubmint.
So you expect to buy D and AEP at a lower price? I actually added more D today under $73. If interest rates go lower this sector will sore. With the news today from Powell utilities should do very well going forward.
(11-28-2018, 01:34 PM)divmenow Wrote: So you expect to buy D and AEP at a lower price? I actually added more D today under $73. If interest rates go lower this sector will sore. With the news today from Powell utilities should do very well going forward.

I don't expect to, but I hope to at some point.  Nothing goes straight up so eventually I will be assigned which is the plan as I get in at a discount when that happens.  I regularly sell contracts fairly close to "in the money" on about 4 utes I wish to to own.  Utes have been creeping up for months  so the last dozen times the contracts just expire worthless.  The premium is often 3 times the dividend rate so I call it a win and write another contract.  If I sell the puts on a down day it works out great, but those have been infrequent lately.  I've been trying to buy SO for about 3 months.   I've  already collected over a years worth of DIV income via premiums so I'll keep playing til I win some shares.   Just started with AEP.  About $265 put income collected the past few weeks. (I want 200 shares)  I'll get some $75 shares or not, but I won't go broke trying.  I'll do it again in a month or so if necessary.
MO great news after the bell. Report They will be taking a minority stake in Juul. Congrats to all those who bought low.
Although Powell seems to be taking cautionary steps with increase in interest rates(there could be multiple reasons at play) but lower interest rates in current situation doesn't seem plausible. Interest rates will have to be increased sooner or later. Too late can actually hurt the currency and inflation control efforts and have much more serious consequences in longer run.

On a different note, anyone looking at SJM would appreciate some insights.