Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping in from Ontario Canada
Hello all,

I have been trolling these forums for about a month now and really enjoy the support your group has for each other.

I am in my mid 30's with three children (6-4-1) and have gained a lot of interest in the markets. Our plan is to have the home paid in the next 7 years.

During my earlier years I took advantage of the RRSP first time home buyers plan for both myself and my spouse. Since then I have been managing our RRSP portfolios with mixed success in low dollar stocks.

I plan on building a portfolio with a strong mix of dividend growth funds and drip.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Cheers

Chris
Welcome Chris! Glad you're here.

Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

6, 4, and 1??? I'm surprised you've got time or energy for investing -- or money for that matter! Tongue
(03-18-2015, 08:51 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

6, 4, and 1??? I'm surprised you've got time or energy for investing -- or money for that matter! Tongue

I have a passion for business. I do purchasing for my profession.

Money is not something I have dropping out of my pockets. I have a very small portfolio that I have been chipping a way at. I do plan on getting more aggressive with funding my TFSA in the next 5 years if all goes as planned.

Sleep is something that I choose to sacrifice to continue to have professional conversations with other business professionals and maintain time with my family. I am looking forward to doing my best to contribute to the group.
(03-18-2015, 12:06 PM)carpenter333 Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 08:51 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome Chris ! Thanks for taking the plunge and joining up.

I have a passion for business. I do purchasing for my profession.

Money is not something I have dropping out of my pockets. I have a very small portfolio that I have been chipping a way at. I do plan on getting more aggressive with funding my TFSA in the next 5 years if all goes as planned.

Sleep is something that I choose to sacrifice to continue to have professional conversations with other business professionals and maintain time with my family. I am looking forward to doing my best to contribute to the group.

I hear ya there! Have a 3 year and 11 month old and the only way I get to do research on stocks is after 9PM when everyone else goes to bed.

Welcome to the forum!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
No to worry Eric, it gets better with time. Then before you know it, they are grown and gone.
Welcome, Chris. Looking forward to your participation.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan