Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hey there, just joined the forum after a quick Google search. I've always been interested in reading about investing from years ago then got away from it as life went forward. Early last year I was almost obsessed with reading anything about IOE/IOT and M2M based then some how began reading about dividend producing stocks. As I reminisced about my mum-mum showing me different products/items in the kitchen and then looking at products/items in the bathroom and her pointing to who was the product manufacturer, she pointed out it was the same companies over and over again. Then she told me something that I view as more important to me then it ever was...

"Raymond, if you have to work for your money then you'll never have enough but if you can put your money to work and have your money make money, then you have something special."

Money making money--passive income!

So, here I am. Hope everyone is well.

Raymond
HelloHello, rayray! Welcome to the forum.

What search terms were you using on Google? I'm guessing "smart, handsome, sophisticated" Big Grin We had talked about that here fairly recently, IIRC.

Looking to hear more from you.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(04-10-2015, 06:59 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: HelloHello, rayray! Welcome to the forum.

What search terms were you using on Google? I'm guessing "smart, handsome, sophisticated" Big Grin We had talked about that here fairly recently, IIRC.

Looking to hear more from you.

OK, DW, you are the smart one, who is the handsome and who is sophisticated??
Welcome to the forum, rayray
Thank you guys! Funny thing, I googled "smart, handsome, sophisticated" and you three came upBig Grin
Welcome to the board rayray!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Welcome rayray.

(04-10-2015, 08:25 PM)Jimbo Wrote: OK, DW, you are the smart one, who is the handsome and who is sophisticated??

Oh yeah?!? Who bought AAPL in the 90's and held on for years whilst the other thought it was a niche toy company. Tongue
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(04-10-2015, 04:02 PM)rayray Wrote: "Raymond, if you have to work for your money then you'll never have enough but if you can put your money to work and have your money make money, then you have something special."

Boy I wish I had a mum-mum like that! Nobody ever discussed money when I was growing up and I was super late to the party.

Welcome Raymond!
(04-12-2015, 08:58 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 04:02 PM)rayray Wrote: "Raymond, if you have to work for your money then you'll never have enough but if you can put your money to work and have your money make money, then you have something special."

Boy I wish I had a mum-mum like that! Nobody ever discussed money when I was growing up and I was super late to the party.

Welcome Raymond!

Thank you! Marie was a great woman. Only wish I took her advice with my lawnmower money lol