Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portfolio
(01-10-2024, 06:37 AM)rayray Wrote: A memory just popped in my head--I use to go to my buddy's house all the time--during 2008 out of the blue his one dog would growl at me, and everytime i had my back to her she would nip me in the ass, kind of hard!!

Anyways, I was diagnosed with cancer and went through those brutal treatments, eventually getting a clean bill of health--After going from 238 pounds down to 156 pounds or so, when I felt somewhat better I went over to my buddy's house, where his dog put her paws and head on my lap and started crying--she wouldn't leave my side. It was quite remarkable, she smelled, sensed the cancer and when the cancer was gone she was overwhelmed with joy. Never experienced something like that with an animal.

That is an AMAZING story.  I'm going to tell my daughter she will love it.  I'm so glad you overcame your cancer.  Phew!
I was going to work till 62 but told the wife I'll be retiring in 6 years at age 59, I turned 53 this month. The wife is 5 years younger than me, so she'll work a little longer so we don't lose two incomes at once, we'll ease our way into it!
(03-24-2024, 05:13 PM)rayray Wrote: I was going to work till 62 but told the wife I'll be retiring in 6 years at age 59, I turned 53 this month. The wife is 5 years younger than me, so she'll work a little longer so we don't lose two incomes at once, we'll ease our way into it!

That's awesome, congrats! I'm 45 now and it seems like such a long way to go yet. 

Hopefully, I can make it work to retire "young" as well. Good luck!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-24-2024, 09:37 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 05:13 PM)rayray Wrote: I was going to work till 62 but told the wife I'll be retiring in 6 years at age 59, I turned 53 this month. The wife is 5 years younger than me, so she'll work a little longer so we don't lose two incomes at once, we'll ease our way into it!

That's awesome, congrats! I'm 45 now and it seems like such a long way to go yet. 

Hopefully, I can make it work to retire "young" as well. Good luck!

I'm 51 now, shooting for 55 to invoke the 401k "rule of 55", but we'll see.