Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Up Days
S&P up about 1.25 percent as I write this.

Still being deep in the accumulation phase, big up days like this annoy me!

But I love that they annoy me. Smile
Would prefer some big down days. My sister asked me to help her re-invest her bank retirements funds. The bank had her in Mutual's and CD's. Her average income is about 2%. I've managed to get rid of all the mutuals and half of the CD's. Did manage to buy 10 good DG stocks during the past week's dip. Her current yield is now 4.85% and the income from just what we invested is already higher than before.

We'll hold off on the rest till the next dip.
I use to hate when timing would laugh at me, because it made me feel like an idiot. I don't think timing can be done with anything close to precision, so I don't beat myself up about it. Now I just try to have a sense of humor, and get the last laugh. Dividend increase? LOL at you Timing!
Yup, still far in the accumulation phase here too. And while seeing green numbers in my portfolio feels good, especially big green numbers... I know it shouldn't. Did my first buys yesterday as I was afraid that I'll miss this dip just like I have done a few times before because I waited too long. Those buys definitely seemed to be well timed.. something of a rarity for me. Still have a lot of cash to spend so let's hope for big red numbers, shall we?
I hate down days, simply because of the fact that they occur on days when I dont have money to throw into the market. I currently add funds on the 5th and 25th, might make it a smaller addition every 10 days to have more chances to catch a dip.
(06-10-2015, 11:59 PM)navyasw02 Wrote: I hate down days, simply because of the fact that they occur on days when I dont have money to throw into the market. I currently add funds on the 5th and 25th, might make it a smaller addition every 10 days to have more chances to catch a dip.

It's not like you have to spend the cash the very same second it arrivers on your brokerage account. Wink
(06-11-2015, 01:16 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 11:59 PM)navyasw02 Wrote: I hate down days, simply because of the fact that they occur on days when I dont have money to throw into the market. I currently add funds on the 5th and 25th, might make it a smaller addition every 10 days to have more chances to catch a dip.

It's not like you have to spend the cash the very same second it arrivers on your brokerage account. Wink

But that's no fun!
(06-11-2015, 01:37 AM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 01:16 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

But that's no fun!

I do agree, whenever I throw cash into my brokerage account I want to spend it. The faster it gets invested, the sooner it will start paying dividends. But a day or two doesn't make any difference unless the ex-div date falls there... so while I tend to use that money fast (I hold my cash reserves on another account) I don't mind waiting for a while to take advantage of these small dips.
My advice to all you guys is to wait until I purchase a stock, any stock, because within two or three days either that stock will go down or the market will have a small correction.
(06-15-2015, 11:19 AM)rayray Wrote: My advice to all you guys is to wait until I purchase a stock, any stock, because within two or three days either that stock will go down or the market will have a small correction.

I can add a lot of value in the same way! LOL!
(06-15-2015, 11:48 AM)800peace Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 11:19 AM)rayray Wrote: My advice to all you guys is to wait until I purchase a stock, any stock, because within two or three days either that stock will go down or the market will have a small correction.

The 3 of us could be a powerful force in the market. Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(06-15-2015, 05:25 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 11:48 AM)800peace Wrote:

The 3 of us could be a powerful force in the market. Big Grin

So what time frame do you guys want to simulate, Black Monday, the Dot Com Bust or the Financial Crisis of 08/09?Big Grin