Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADR question?
Okay, I just got off the phone with Vanguard and this is what I found out concerning Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B/RDS.A) shares.

First, to own fractional shares of any security one has to own at least ONE FULL SHARE of that security. If ONE FULL SHARE is owned fractional shares are allowed to be held in that security, if for some reason, ONE FULL SHARE is not owned any FRACTIONAL SHARES will be then converted to CASH and deposited into your settlement account.

Being from the United States as a Royal Dutch Shell shareholder for tax purposes I own RDS.B shares to avoid that 15% tax withholding hit if I owned RDS.A shares. See link for further explanation.

http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/i...e-a-b.html

As a RDS.B shareholder I get a dividend, I recently changed that dividend option from cash to reinvest. However, Royal Dutch Shell does not give you dividend RDS.B shares, instead, you receive RDS.A shares. But if you don't own at least ONE FULL SHARE of RDS.A those fractional shares will automatically be converted to cash and deposited into your settlement account. So, in order for you to reinvest your Royal Dutch Shell dividends and keep those shares you will have to own at least ONE FULL SHARE of RDS.A.

Messages In This Thread
ADR question? - by rayray - 06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: ADR question? - by rayray - 06-25-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: ADR question? - by ronn38 - 06-26-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: ADR question? - by rayray - 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM
RE: ADR question? - by ChadR - 06-29-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: ADR question? - by rayray - 06-30-2015, 09:43 PM