Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earning forecasts
What's a good resource for checking earnings forecasts?

I check Yahoo (which sometimes has incorrect data) and cross check with MarketWatch.

Wondering if there are better/accurate resources out there
I generally use Yahoo Finance and FAST Graphs.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I also use FAST Graphs. FAST Graphs has a useful tool which shows the accuracy of previous earnings estimates, which also provides some insight into how accurate future earnings estimates might be. Chuck Carnevale's most recent article on SA does a good job of explaining this feature.
Finviz.com. It presents you with a dizzying array of data but you eventually learn to read it quickly (like the matrix).
Thanks for the feedback. I have fast graphs - will have to take a closer look and read into it. I have Chuck's latest article bookmarked - will dive into it over the weekend.

The data from finviz seems to match whats on Yahoo most of the time - I wonder if they have the same source. And some of the data is clearly incorrect - for e.g., sometimes an incorrect yield is shown in Yahoo and I see the same incorrect value in Finviz.
Yep, once in a while things on Finviz are clearly wrong, for example a payout ratio might not jive with the dividend and earnings shown. I think they do source from Yahoo.
You are more than welcome to try my application: http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1316
it's free and you see your div earnings projection and much more. I'd appreciate any kind of feedback Smile