Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Status
Thanks so much guys for this. Officially talked off the cliff... Gonna go dumpster diving now!
Russell, I happened to have this up on my screen while reading replies here. From my own portfolio here are some ideas that are near their 52 week low with their corresponding shareholder yield ( TTM dividend yield + buyback percentage ) 

[Image: 5hwydD8.jpg]

2015 was a down year, so the Market Return will be down. Assuming the market is up by the end of 2016, the Market return will be UP. If it ended at the same level as the beginning of 2015, it should be a wash over the two years. But if one tracked their dividends likely they would be higher in 2016 than 2015.
Watching and trying to match Market Returns is where panic and greed come in. One feels they must Sell when they've got a sizable gain and Buy when they feel the prices are down. It's the Financial Industrys dream come true.
(01-12-2016, 01:44 PM)Kerim Wrote: The reason I don't just index all of my money is that I am also not trying to match the market. My focus is on the income stream that my portfolio generates. In other words, my portfolio is not really very different from what you might find in a big mutual fund, but my shares have been lovingly pieced together at times when the companies were out of favor, or the general market had pulled back, providing me with a steady, and steadily growing income stream.

And yours will generate income that comes with No Fees, regardless how small!  In addition you will not have any "Return of Capital" as part of the income received.  When I raised that issue on a different site the reply was "ROC" was less than a penny.  Yea, just another low cost.
Thanks Rapid, I put an order in for BNS last night...but your chart reminded me of AGU!

Appreciate this thread guys. Will come back to this when I have doubts again.