Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is ridiculous !!
Could someone please pass on the memo to Mr. Market about being in a correction. Angry 

I finally decided I'd check out why nothing's panicked me over the last 2 months. Sure some of my holdings have gone down considerably but not much I'm looking to add is at bargain prices. I finally downloaded my November 2015 and December 2015 statements and calculated the 2 month and 1 month loss and all I could account for was -1.6% since November 30th and -0.9% since December 30th. This is frustrating and explains why so few of my GTC orders to backfill the smaller holdings have traded.

I guess I'll go figure what I can wait on and get in my limit order for GILD in the meantime. Sheesh!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Yeah, though in reality the market is only down around 6% for the year. So I do not understand what this whole talk about a huge correction, horrible year so far etc. is all about.

But onto your point: I too started looking where to invest my February's investment money. Was thinking of RTN, but hey it's up to $125. WTR closed at ATH of $31.53. HON is back above $100, as is JNJ. T just closed above $36 for the first time since June.

And that's kinda all of the US companies that I'm looking to increase my position in at this time. :/ Though there are a couple ones that I'm considering to add to my portfolio so I guess I better check those out. And the good thing is that the prices in Toronto seem a bit better.
Yep, I feel the same way! I always seem to be rooting for a deeper dip, and whenever the dip we get seems to be coming to a close, I feel a bit of remorse that I didn't buy a bit more. Always tough to gauge whether to wait and see if it will keep going down. But I did grab a few bargains in there, and there will be another opportunity before too long.
(02-04-2016, 02:08 PM)Kerim Wrote: Yep, I feel the same way! I always seem to be rooting for a deeper dip, and whenever the dip we get seems to be coming to a close, I feel a bit of remorse that I didn't buy a bit more. Always tough to gauge whether to wait and see if it will keep going down. But I did grab a few bargains in there, and there will be another opportunity before too long.

What bargains do you see right now?
(02-05-2016, 09:07 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 02:08 PM)Kerim Wrote: Yep, I feel the same way! I always seem to be rooting for a deeper dip, and whenever the dip we get seems to be coming to a close, I feel a bit of remorse that I didn't buy a bit more. Always tough to gauge whether to wait and see if it will keep going down. But I did grab a few bargains in there, and there will be another opportunity before too long.

Not as many as a week or two ago! The one that I am feeling sick over is CMI. I was watching it like a hawk, and even had orders filled out down around $84. It was far and away the highest-ranked stock on my list. But I never pulled the trigger, because I was shy about adding more industrial / cyclical stuff. Now days later it is at $99. That may still be a fair value, but I can't stomach buying it now. 

Otherwise, I think BEN, PH, EMR, IBM, are still worth looking at at these prices. Not sure I'd call them bargains. Since none of those are "core" DG stocks for me, I want more of a discount than, say, JNJ or KO. But none of the core stocks are anywhere near a bargain, that I can see.

Not a dividend stock (but one that many DGers are happy holding), I think BRK-B is still on the cheap side.
I absolutely love this tool from Finviz, it's so visually awesome! When I'm looking for bargains, this is a good place to start:

I select P/E and Forward P/E from the sectors I'm looking into, and start from there!

[Image: APExBfd.png]
I'm pretty skeptical about forward P/E, but that is a pretty cool-looking tool. Do you have to be registered to see it all colorful like that?
It's all free! That's why i love it so much. I believe you don't even need an account to see this. The forward P/E is just an example, you can see yield, EPS growth, etc.
(02-05-2016, 09:07 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

GILD, AMGN, UTX (kinda). Not much else that I'm looking at and the whole reason for my rant at the top of this thread.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I could shoot myself when BTI was in the $99 range--learned my lesson for the SECOND time-- when you're at your buy price...BUY!

Ronn