Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Website: DGI for the DIY
Hey all, just wanted to share that I am putting together a new website called DGI for the DIY [www.dgiforthediy.com], which stands for Dividend Growth Investing for the Do-It-Yourself investor.

My goal is for this to be a place where I can publish and share my various sector based watch lists so people can access them as I update them rather than just when I put up new articles on Seeking Alpha. I also have put all of my portfolio updates there and am beginning a list of DGI resources for new investors. Kerim, I hope it's okay that I put a link to this message board.

I also hope to put together a library of sorts from some of my favorite personal articles as well as from some of my favorite authors on Seeking Alpha. This will cover a range of topics like yield vs. growth, dividend reinvestment, stock selections, portfolio construction, sector weighting, etc.

Finally, I hope to put up blog posts from time to time to highlight stocks or events that I find relevant to discuss, but I may not have time to right a full-fledged article about.

I would love to hear other ideas on what people would find useful, and I will do my best to accommodate those requests as well.

This is my first time doing a website of any sort, and I'm new to Wordpress, so it's been a bit slow-going to start, but I'm beginning to get the template put together, just need to get content added.

Hope you enjoy!

Eric
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Nice. Best wishes with the launch and I look forward to reading more of your content, Eric.

cheers
(12-25-2016, 05:06 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Nice. Best wishes with the launch and I look forward to reading more of your content, Eric.

cheers

Thanks much, cheers to you as well!
Good luck with the project!
(12-26-2016, 01:39 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Good luck with the project!

Thanks, I'm working on it right now! =)
I enjoy your articles on SA, and your top 10 lists have introduced me to previously unknown companies several of which I now own.  I'm interested to see how this project turns out.
(12-26-2016, 04:05 PM)Caversham Wrote: I enjoy your articles on SA, and your top 10 lists have introduced me to previously unknown companies several of which I now own.  I'm interested to see how this project turns out.

Thanks, hope I can make it a useful site for people. Great to hear that my work has given you some good ideas for your portfolio!
(12-25-2016, 11:41 AM)EricL Wrote: Kerim, I hope it's okay that I put a link to this message board.

Of course, Eric! You've been such a great contributor here -- I hope you get lots of traffic from this site and elsewhere. I'll add your new site to the sticky in the Resources section.
Browsed your new site, Eric, nicely done!!
Love the new site.  Makes me wish I had more money to deploy.
(01-01-2017, 01:56 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(12-25-2016, 11:41 AM)EricL Wrote: Kerim, I hope it's okay that I put a link to this message board.

Of course, Eric! You've been such a great contributor here -- I hope you get lots of traffic from this site and elsewhere. I'll add your new site to the sticky in the Resources section.

According to my analytics I've gotten about 100 clicks from here, and have sent back 16 this way. Hopefully those both continue to grow going forward.

Thanks much for the sticky, I appreciate the help!
(01-02-2017, 02:38 PM)rayray Wrote: Browsed your new site, Eric, nicely done!!

Thanks rayray, glad you liked it!

(01-04-2017, 12:23 PM)jdhansen Wrote: Love the new site.  Makes me wish I had more money to deploy.

Thanks, I think it is beginning to round into shape, but still have a long ways to go to get it to where I think it can be. As to lack of funds, I totally know your feelings. I dropped the last of my cash last week on ABT, and am anxiously waiting for the next cash to hit the account so I can buy some more!