Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automobiles...here we go again
I'm batting a BIG FAT ZERO

I had engine/emission issues on my 07 GMC Envoy so I got rid of that car (which I happened to love) and bought a 2011 Acura MDX off a lease (and I love this car too!). I've had this car for 2 years but right around 60k miles it began to drink oil! Well, I'm doing a oil consumption test with the dealer and they told me several times that up to 1 quart of oil for every 1k miles is within specs. Yea, it might be to "THEIR" specs but it's not good and completely unacceptable, imho. If Acura doesn't own up to this I will throw my hands up in the air, go completely anti-gas/oil and get a Prius.

I'm fed up with these cars....fed up!
1qt/1000 miles: Back in the old days, that would've been a shrug event. Nowadays, I don't hear about that much, if it all. Even my 2003 Buick with over 180,000 miles only uses about 1/2 qt every 2,000 miles of highway (75-80 mph) driving.

I'd be concerned with the catalytic converter dying before it's expected life (both of mine, last car & this) went around 140,000 miles before needing replacement.

Good luck!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I am cheap and still drive my old Honda. Unless you need to haul a lot of people or stuff, go find an older Honda or newer Toyota car.
(01-13-2017, 04:59 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: 1qt/1000 miles: Back in the old days, that would've been a shrug event. Nowadays, I don't hear about that much, if it all.  Even my 2003 Buick with over 180,000 miles only uses about 1/2 qt every 2,000 miles of highway (75-80 mph) driving.

I'd be concerned with the catalytic converter dying before it's expected life (both of mine, last car & this) went around 140,000 miles before needing replacement.

Good luck!

Yea, a friend of mine that is a mechanic said burning this amount of oil with fairly low mileage expect to run into possible catalytic problems in and around 100k miles. Plus these Acura's have two or three of them!