Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more new kid on the block;)
(01-20-2017, 06:48 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I'm a lot like you, the large majority of my stocks are either from the USA or Canada. I've been trying to sneak some European ones in, but so far with very little success. I just don't see Europe being in a good position to have large and succesful companies, there are so many rules&regulations and in most countries the high taxes are also an issue... couple that with a very poor economic growth and I don't really see Europe as a good place to be for companies.

What does bother me a little about our way of doing things is: income is in another currency than the one we are using for everyday expenses. So that brings a lot of fluctuation... and the EUR/USD exchange rate has been making quite large moves so it does bring in a lot of uncertainty.

Right said! And now the fun part for me is that I get paid in EUR (because I work for a German company), but live in Hungary so I spend my money in HUF. Now add USD investments... you see all the fun, right?Smile On one hand it's madness to track this, but hey, I'm currency-diversified even if I don't want to beSmile I just stopped caring at exchange rates - long-term it somewhat averages out.

I was quite happy that UK removed dividend tax up to GBP 5000 / year, but then Brexit happened and look what happened to the GBP. It's this kind of mess that bugs me in Europe, somehow you can't have a long-term plan because everything constantly changes, in several countries tax law is being changed every bloody year...

BTW which country are you from?

Messages In This Thread
One more new kid on the block;) - by Binary - 01-19-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by EricL - 01-19-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by Kerim - 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by ChadR - 01-19-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by Jimbo - 01-19-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by Binary - 01-20-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by Binary - 01-20-2017, 02:14 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by Binary - 01-20-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: One more new kid on the block;) - by ronn38 - 01-23-2017, 07:16 PM