Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4% Yield Portfolio?
With the market near all-time highs I thought it would be fun to put together a 4% yielding portfolio at current prices. I did a similar portfolio last April and get some good feedback from readers on it, so though I would repeat the process again this year. I also took a look at how last year's portfolio performed in the twelve months since it was built.

Here is the article:

Yes, You Can Still Build A 4% Yielding Portfolio In Today's Market, Part II

Enjoy!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Good article, and I agree with your decision to include GE even though it's not on the CCC list.
Thanks for your work Eric. That article is bookmarked. I "need" ideas for 10 to 15 positions this year.
(04-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Forticus Wrote: Thanks for your work Eric. That article is bookmarked. I "need" ideas for 10 to 15 positions this year.

You're welcome. Good luck with your research!

I'm currently about halfway through an updated top ten article on my healthcare sector watch list. Hoping to get it finished up in the next day or two. Might be some more ideas for you in there.
Great, healthcare is one of my favored sectors. However, I already got 4 drug makers and would need to start a seperate fund to add more. But it's always good to have a Plan-B-list at hand. Curious whether you will put CVS on that list. I allocated it to Consumer Staples. Reasoning includes my breakfast and will be revealed in my Q1 report.
(04-07-2017, 03:53 PM)Forticus Wrote: Great, healthcare is one of my favored sectors. However, I already got 4 drug makers and would need to start a seperate fund to add more. But it's always good to have a Plan-B-list at hand. Curious whether you will put CVS on that list. I allocated it to Consumer Staples. Reasoning includes my breakfast and will be revealed in my Q1 report.

Yeah, CVS and WBA are both on my consumer staples list.

I have CVS at trading nearly 18% below fair value and WBA about 3% below fair value.