Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coca-Cola (KO)!
I'm completely with you guys! A lot of things on my watch list are down from last week. Now I just need to get a few more paychecks in order to afford to buy some.
KO is currently 4% (less if I include the transfer of cash pending from another IRA) of my IRA DGI portfolio. I bough in 7/12 with a price of 39.12. I may be tempted to pick up a few more shares if we get the continued pull back in the market that I am expecting over the next few months. I have a few positions that I am looking to initiate to bring my total to about 40 DG stocks. Currently I am about 15% cash
Added more at 38.12 today.
(08-29-2013, 05:30 PM)Shawnjeffrey Wrote: Added more at 38.12 today.

Good price! I'll definitely be adding if it heads below $38, and maybe even if it doesn't. I know it is silly to chase pennies, but at the same time, you've got to have some kind of trigger. (And round numbers are as good as any!)
Just added a few more shares at $37.87.
(09-03-2013, 10:47 AM)Kerim Wrote: Just added a few more shares at $37.87.

Yep, just added more at 37.83. My portfolio is probably a little heavy on KO now, but it's hard not to take advantage when you feel a company like KO is “on sale"

Besides, at my age (35) I'm not terribly concerned with having balance in my portfolio just yet.
(09-03-2013, 11:12 AM)Shawnjeffrey Wrote: Yep, just added more at 37.83. My portfolio is probably a little heavy on KO now, but it's hard not to take advantage when you feel a company like KO is “on sale"

Besides, at my age (35) I'm not terribly concerned with having balance in my portfolio just yet.

Hey Shawnjeffrey -- I completely agree. This dip below $40 is the first time I've ever bought KO, and it is still a pretty small part of my portfolio, but I am glad to start building a position at these prices. It is certainly not among the highest-rated stocks in my personal scoring system, but I already have pretty good positions in most of those, and as I've mentioned before, as a committed investor in dividend growth stocks, I felt a little 'naked' without any KO at all. I'll add more when I feel like the valuation is good, accounting for the premium that KO usually enjoys.

I also agree with you about portfolio balance at your age. We had a good conversation about that over here.

Good luck to us both!
With the dip today, KO's yield is flirting with 3.00 percent. And they'll be announcing another dividend raise later this month. May have to add a bit.
Ahhhh, my limit order of $37.46 traded this morning. Wife is now at full allocation for KO. Now to fix my JNJ rush.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(02-03-2014, 10:45 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Ahhhh, my limit order of $37.46 traded this morning. Wife is now at full allocation for KO. Now to fix my JNJ rush.

That's funny - I picked up both today as well. Smile And a little more of CVX.
I picked up some KO today as well for $37.47Shy
It may go lower but I'm not worried. 10 years from, I won't even notice.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan