Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE - General Electric
GE down to $13.70.  How low can this go, and what do you think it's actually worth right now?
GE my dad use to own. He worked there for 34 years. He said they are in bad shape going forward even with new CEO in place. I see D and CVS hit news lows today. Wow
(03-20-2018, 11:00 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: GE down to $13.70.  How low can this go, and what do you think it's actually worth right now?

That's the problem, you don't know what it's worth. Between pension obligations, debt load, and insurance issues, how do you value the company?

It isn't a simple P/E ratio calculation.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Down another 8% and now below $8.

Getting to the point where debt death spiral can occur, selling shares to raise capital is no longer much of an option.

$70B market cap company with nearly $300B in liabilities.

What a sad, sad story.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(11-12-2018, 10:21 AM)EricL Wrote: Down another 8% and now below $8.

Getting to the point where debt death spiral can occur, selling shares to raise capital is no longer much of an option.

What a sad, sad story.

So sad.  I first bought GE in the recession, I believe at $6/share, give or take.  With ~10 years of dividends, my cost basis is ultra-low, but I didn't think it would do a round trip like this.
(11-12-2018, 10:21 AM)EricL Wrote: Down another 8% and now below $8.

What a sad, sad story.

And what is Thomas Edison thinking right now...
Probably about the same thing Mr Roebuck is thinking unfortunately. They are going to be toast in a hurry if they head into a recession like this. Only option for GE is to start selling things they should have sold long ago at a much higher price. I'm afraid they are going to end up selling assets and accomplishing little more than make interest payments at some point. Hate to see an iconic company end like this.
I got them shorted to 6.63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GE had a good run there, from $6.50 to $10+, but now seems to be back down...