Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Nor do I hold until expiration when it makes sense. I'm not trying to make this overly complicated for others though. Once they sell a put or call they can watch the price and decide when the risk reward no longer makes sense. Most of my put sells are truly an attempt to buy the stock cheap so I don't overly stress it. That said, if I sell a put in MMM for $400 and a week or so later it is only worth $100 because the stock ran $10, then yes I might ring the cash register and the chance of me being assigned is now very low anyway. I have done that several times with MMM alone. No sense holding it another 4-5 weeks if a better opportunity is out there. In honestly if I buy back a option, I am usually paying $10 or less with commission included to clsoe it out, and only a week or two left until expiration. Letting them expire worthless is great, but if I need the capital for new put sales I close a few. My primary goal remains to build a DGI port, not become an options trader exclusively. I am mostly trading the same options over and over in companies I have researched to death. I am not going to wake up sad when the market turns on me, and someday it will, and forces a bunch of shaky stock buys on me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2019, 11:50 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM