Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(04-09-2020, 08:55 PM)john Wrote: I sold a covered call on IRM Jul 17 35 strike for .58 this morning. Should collect a dividend between now and then of .61~
100 shares cost avg of 33.30 over the last year I like IRM Ive been trying to sell a call against it for awhile then this morning it finally bounced up enough to do that.

As long as you are good with ALL the potential outcomes CCs are good income producers over the course of a year.  I refrain from them on high flyers as I've left a lot of profit on the table.  I like them best for highish Div stocks trapped in a fairly predictable trading range.  Sometime I can sell a call ten times in a row with good results,  Get called out just sell a new covered put in the next dip.  Very little of that going on lately with this crazy bull run.  My best luck has been selling calls only a few days from expiration.  I've sold calls on the same shares of my troubled DAL about four times in under three weeks.  The stock stinks for the foreseeable but I'm getting my basis down with the sky high premiums.  I expect I'll need it.  It's not my first choice. I have zero interest in selling calls or puts months until expiration.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 04-11-2020, 05:23 PM