Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(05-17-2020, 10:59 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Did you miss the part that I am dumping the shares first, then immediately selling a new put a few bucks (or whatever) cheaper?  There are no new shares.  The same 100 I had (per contract obviously), unless the stock runs as I then incorrectly called the bottom.  I'm not averaging down a dog with additional new shares.

What's your exit strategy?  Just sell it and run?  I definitely do that sometimes if it makes sense.

And BTW I didn't know DAL was a sure dog at the time.

On speculative trades, yes. If it runs too far against me, I buy the put back (for a loss). I never get married to any of those underlyings.

If the put is sold for better entry on a stock which I like, I'll try to sell a covered call if the premium is acceptable. If the premium is too low, I will just sit on it and collect dividends.

I actually opened a new taxable account where I will be selling puts and covered calls in KO only, with all profits going to buy more KO shares.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by NilesMike - 05-17-2020, 12:33 PM