Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Closed out a nice trade on HD put at strike 255 EXP 1-22. Sold them on 1-4 for $249. Bought it back 11 days later for $18. Over 90% of max profit. I 'll have the $25000 extra collateral available for use next week. One of these days we;ll get a good dip. I've been saying that for awhile now. Smile

-Sold a PFE strike 37 put expires next Friday for $63. I have a few more sold in the 36.50-37 range. This is an ex-div play for the week after. I trimmed my PFE position a few hundred shares in the $40 range after collecting the last div. PFE has been a slug for me for decades but the income game has made it a good one the past year or so when I am very careful with entry. I have several covered calls left but they are way out of the money. I wish those shares would get called away but it's not going to happen. PFE will be too low to sell new calls so I'll have to be patient.

Bought back my ENB strike 35 call that expires today and it's slightly in the money unfortunately. Gave up half my initial put sale proceeds and it was sold 40 days ago so nothing amazing. I got it exactly back and moved the strike up to $37.50 next month. I'm not trying to lose my high div yield stock too easily so this is a trade I will do with no hesitation. No new put income this month but it's my opinion ENB has a little room to run. ENB options are a game of inches for me. The premiums aren't that good but it you get it right 8 or so times a year it adds enough to the dividend for my time. If you can't move the next strike in your favor, or collect a new premium, or both, you are probably fighting a trade. That's my opinion anyway.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 01-15-2021, 03:07 PM