Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Monthly's expired today and it was rough. I've been blessed and haven't had a terrible options month since MAR 2020. Oddly enough my riskier plays did fine and my conservative plays wiped out the rest of my ports monthly progress. I sold CMI and MGA puts about two months ago. They fell fast and I rolled them. Probably fell another 15% of the total loss after that. I knew they would be exercised last night with Ex-Div today.

I caught a small break and CMI ran at the open today so I bailed before it pulled back. It's still a little overvalued and it sure as hell was $20 ago. I am supposed to be OK with being assigned but I am not. My bad for sure.

Similar story with MGA. I was exercised several contracts. Kept one because I do wish to own it long term. I can't even sell covered calls here. Re-allocated the other 100 shares.

Pretty thorough beating on conservative enough stocks in a market that isn't even down. My destiny was locked in on the initial trades. I am usually pretty good about valuation but I messed it up that week. I hate it when I get sloppy. Probably about a $4k penalty overall after premiums. They were down fast and I just didn't want to eat it because I know they aren't junk companies. I can usually roll with high success because I don't trade junk too often. Not this time. Valuation bit me on boring stocks.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 08-20-2021, 04:23 PM