Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any thoughts on Boeing?
(03-13-2019, 02:10 PM)Otter Wrote: All MAX aircraft now grounded in the U.S., as well.

For Boeing to trade at the same P/E multiple that it did in 2013, when investors were concerned about 787 battery issues, 787 program cost overruns, and an SEC accounting investigation, the stock price would need to drop to about $275. Current P/E is still well above its 10-year average of 18.1, and 10yr average operating earnings growth rate of 17.4%

Otter, that sounds like a completely rational way to assess BA valuation in light of the current situation.  While I doubt it is headed for $275, it wouldn;t be outrageous.  I fully intend to enter BA soon.  I am just trying to do it with eyes wide open.  I was looking at it the last time it traded around $360 and got left at the station when it took off.  $425 is a little frothy.  Virtually every high quality stock is frothy right now.    

I haven't a chance to check the news, but glad to hear they are grounded.  Can you even imagine how it would look if another MAX had to make an emergency landing soon?  I can't think of anything more important to BA then long-term trust.  If it happens, they'll get over a couple of light quarterly earnings reports just fine, and so will all long-term investors.
looking at some basic numbers and ignoring any good or bad news

p/sh 377.14

pe 21.10

f/pe 16.14

peg .97

beta 1.37

div 2.18%

payout 37.9%

with future possible growth vs past growth vs fcf ect etc etc at current levels it might not be a price that someone is willing to invest but i wouldn't put it in the overpriced category especially considering the reputation of the company, it's a fair price for a top notch company imho
When Crimson and I were first discussing it, it was in the context of a share price that was just above $420.  There is some risk of missing earnings in the short-term due to recent events.  The market seems to be acting rationally for now.
(03-14-2019, 08:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote: When Crimson and I were first discussing it, it was in the context of a share price that was just above $420.  There is some risk of missing earnings in the short-term due to recent events.  The market seems to be acting rationally for now.

Gotcha!