Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman
I'm with you, DW. I absolutely believe that  -- executed well -- value investing will get you rich faster and better than DG investing. But to execute value investing well is beyond my skill set and available time, while I believe that I can do DG properly. (And I like to think that I am somewhat careful about my DG entry points, so that my approach to DG has a slight value flavor to it.)

All that said, I think Klarman's book is nonetheless a worthwhile read, if you can get your hands on it.
Downloadable pdf available here: http://www.valueplays.net/wp-content/upl...llScan.pdf
Thanks for re-posting. I've never read it but I will start tonight. I haven't been on the forum for years like most but I know I have read Kerim believes your performance is cooked in when you buy. I believe that too. Just riding out a bad buy forever often doesn't fix the deep hole you dug on entry. I have a couple personal experiences that demonstrate that. 15 years didn't completely fix a very bad entry into MSFT, CSCO and PFE. Stocks that are still revered. You can't just pay price, and think time will cure all.