Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe "BUYS" in your portfolio?
I have 57 stocks spread out between 4 accounts--one brokerage and three retirement accounts.

Out of your portfolio, the stocks you own what do you consider potential buys at the moment? No data necessary--we can worry about that later. I'm thinking out of those that participate we can get 5 to 10 really good long term buys!

Here's mine--in no particular order:

KMI

XOM

VLO

RDS.b

ALB

MGA

GM

CMI

CNI

NSC

UNP

AMP

WFC

BMO

RY

BNS

TD

MKL

CB

KR

VFC

AAPL

GILD

CELG (BMY--I don't own BMY)

CAH

CVS

WBA

I don't know which one's would be the better buy at the moment since I did just a quick glance over but these would be the one's I'd look at closer for possible additional "adds" in my portfolio.
I also have 1 brokerage account and 3 retirement accounts and 57 different stocks. Talk about coincidences.

Here is what I own.
AXP
CVS
CVX
HAS
HD
HRL
HSY
INTC
KO
MCD
MSFT
PEP
SBUX
TGT
UL
WMT
O
SO
XOM
AAPL
AFL
AMNF
APLE
BP
CLX
DG
DLR
EMR
EVRG
GILD
GIS
HRS
IBM
JNJ
LVS
NKE
NOV
NSC
PAYX
PG
PM
RDS.A
RDS.B
SBSI
SYY
T
BBL
CAH
CSCO
CZNC
DEO
FLO
KMI
MO
OHI
TAP
WFC
I own about 20 stocks and the rest in ETFs and Mutuals.  If I am honest, practically everything I own is a longterm hold at the moment due to valuation after recent run up.  I'd like to think BMY and CVS are buys.  Perhaps PFE and BAC as well. 

My five UTEs are definitely overpriced and holds at the moment.  Same with my consumer staples.  

None of my oil stocks are buys.  If I was smart they are probably sells before 2019 ends.   I'll keep them, but they are just highly cyclical income stocks that will be crushed again.  I have no illusion of anything else.

My answer to this question would have been much different in December.
(04-07-2019, 02:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I own about 20 stocks and the rest in ETFs and Mutuals.  If I am honest, practically everything I own is a longterm hold at the moment due to valuation after recent run up.  I'd like to think BMY and CVS are buys.  Perhaps PFE and BAC as well. 

My five UTEs are definitely overpriced and holds at the moment.  Same with my consumer staples.  

None of my oil stocks are buys.  If I was smart they are probably sells before 2019 ends.   I'll keep them, but they are just highly cyclical income stocks that will be crushed again.  I have no illusion of anything else.

My answer to this question would have been much different in December.
CVS, WBA, and BMY plus CELG are current buys imho. CELG more so earlier in the year to last year, now maybe BMY, on the fence due to the acquisition and the CELG run-up. I've decided to keep BMY after the BMY/CELG acquisition is complete--I was buying CELG and was hoping for the 60 plus stock price to hang around longer then came BMY..oh well...I'm also going to take BAM stock instead of the cash option for them basically taking over OAK.
20 stocks is a nice manageable number--57 takes some work--hell just starting a portfolio from scratch takes work!

One of the guys at work asked me what to do with his kplan and cash buyout--man...I didn't have an answer--I know what I'd do but I can't give others advice because what might work for me might not work out for someone else. Investing is no easy task, even going with ETF's and mutual funds, one can panic and sell just as easily with a fund as individual stocks--or buy when the market  or a fund is too hot--it doesn't matter
Portfolio's constantly change if nothing is done!
I agree. I can't even believe how beaten up WBA and CVS are now. It's deserved, but they'll work their way out of it. That said, politics could complicate the recovery time. If AMZN was to get real aggressive right now it wouldn't be good either. Cutting drug margins some would go over very well with politicians and the public right now. AMZN could afford to do it with all their other projects that are profitable. The AMZN fear my be overhyped, but I don't think that it's nothing for WBA and CVS to be worried about either. It's going to be interesting. And I fail to see the AMZN drug moat. WBA and CVS can add online ordering if they choose to. Not everybody lives next door to a store.

As far as BMY, CELG, and any other major pharma, I have no long-term worries even if I went all in and overweight at today's prices. Anybody gets in real trouble they'll be acquired if they have any pipeline at all.
Hmmm. I'm strongly considering doing some pruning in the next few weeks. After my buying frenzy in December and the subsequent run-up, I'm feeling a little skittish. So I'm not sure what I'd call a buy in my portfolio right now...
(04-14-2019, 10:44 AM)Kerim Wrote: Hmmm. I'm strongly considering doing some pruning in the next few weeks. After my buying frenzy in December and the subsequent run-up, I'm feeling a little skittish. So I'm not sure what I'd call a buy in my portfolio right now...

My port is looking more over valued by the day.  Market is looking greedy right now.  DEC is fresh in our memories They will run for the hills when we hit a bump.  We are probably hearing the same little voice telling us at worst we very likely get a chance to get back into most of this stuff at the same price or close enough later.  But that is just market timing so I am trimming a percent or two every week or so.  Gradually building up a little cash.  Some of my stocks and funds have run so hard that I was violating my portfolio allocation % anyway.
Always remember, it's a market of stocks and not a stock market. Of course, that doesn't help when portfolio's drop 30 40 plus percent.

Maybe we have some time left? Or a record to beat! Longest bull market was from October 1987 to March 2000 basically came to 12 1/2 years...to beat that one we're good through 2021 : )

http://www.finra.org/investors/5-longest...nfographic