Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Good morning,

I have been dividend reinvesting since the summer of 2011 after conversations with my early retired neighbor who was living off them. My guide has basically been the “Get Rich with Dividends” book, although quite a few of my stocks would not qualify under that system.

My portfolio is almost exclusively in 401k and IRA’s and the goal is to be able to retire on dividends almost exclusively. 

I love getting new ideas and opinions on stocks, so thanks for having me.

Brian
Welcome Brian!
Any idea how close/far you are to retirement?
Welcome to the forum, Brian
Welcome Brian!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Welcome Brian! Thanks for joining up.
(06-24-2019, 08:16 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Welcome Brian!
Any idea how close/far you are to retirement?

I am 52 and my profession has a mandatory retirement at 65. If the compounding continues as it has, I should be in a position to bag work at about 60, although I still may do some part time just for the medical benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum. 8 years away from being able to walk away from your job is outstanding.
Welcome to the forum Brian!
Welcome, Brian! I have found this to be a great, knowledgeable community of DGI-focused investors. Learned about a lot of stocks here that weren't initially on my radar.
(06-28-2019, 09:26 AM)Otter Wrote: Welcome, Brian! I have found this to be a great, knowledgeable community of DGI-focused investors. Learned about a lot of stocks here that weren't initially on my radar.

Thanks. I am enjoying it so far. I love getting new ideas and I figure we all learn from each other.