Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance companies
Just wondering which, if any, insurance companies you guys have in your portfolio. I currently have none but it's a pretty decent business to be in so I'm leaning towards having a look and seeing if there is anything decently valued out there.
I own TRV and AFL. Those are the only names I will own in
The space. I continue to add on significant dips.
I own MET and am looking at AFL
AFL, ORI, PRU, and SLF.
I own AFL.
MET. I do hold it for the long-term but I don't think I own a stock in a more predictable trading range. I sell cover calls and occasionally puts on it. It's probably my best conservative income generator by the time the nice dividend is added. PRU is extremely similar to MET.
Thanks to everyone, some interesting names out there.
MET definitely looks good.
AFL had a pretty good feel to it but I've excluded it from my list for now: I don't want a company that is so heavily focused on healthcare.
PGR is another one I'm looking at.

I guess it comes down to deciding between PGR and MET, or maybe even grabbing both of them.
I picked up AFL and AMP in the last couple of years. I have had ORI since 2011. ORI looked boring, but it has at least tripled and paid several nice special dividends while raising the regular one as well.
I own

MKL
AFL
CB

and then Brk.b

I also own AMP, even though they do have a insurance/annuity division I've always considered them more of an asset management finance company