Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Speculative Stocks....
(11-06-2020, 02:26 PM)EricL Wrote: Great day for my trading portfolio with SQ up 14% and TTD up 27% on good earnings reports.

Congrats!  My local buddy killed it on TTD too.  It was too expensive for me at $450.  Smile
(11-07-2020, 10:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 02:26 PM)EricL Wrote: Great day for my trading portfolio with SQ up 14% and TTD up 27% on good earnings reports.

Congrats!  My local buddy killed it on TTD too.  It was too expensive for me at $450.  Smile

I paid $314 back in February so I've done pretty well. Really wished I would have double-down in the March crash when it dropped back into the $100's.

Still just a $39B market cap company, I plan on holding it for a while yet.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(11-08-2020, 02:03 AM)EricL Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I paid $314 back in February so I've done pretty well. Really wished I would have double-down in the March crash when it dropped back into the $100's.

Still just a $39B market cap company, I plan on holding it for a while yet.
That friend of mine gets a newsletter and TTD is still on the list.  The guy was about 8 for 8 on spec stocks this year. His worst picks were up well over 100%.  Most of them 2-5X and not profitable.  When the market gets in a mood it's hard to lose if you are prudent enough to trim along the way.
SQ is firmly back in beast mode, up another 4% and making new all-time highs over $200.

Now nearing the $100B market cap mark.

TTD is also nearing new all-time highs after its recent pullback.
TSLA selling another $5B in shares this month. And all this time I thought they were trying to sell cars to make money? See, this is why Musk is the CEO and I'm not. Smile
Must be end-of-year boredom. Picked up some 1/21/2022 $40 PLTR LEAPs for $7.65/contract. Now I just hope for one of those 10%+ up days with crazy implied volatility. I guess it is better than buying lottery scratch-offs for Christmas.
(12-09-2020, 10:49 AM)Otter Wrote: Must be end-of-year boredom. Picked up some 1/21/2022 $40 PLTR LEAPs for $7.65/contract. Now I just hope for one of those 10%+ up days with crazy implied volatility. I guess it is better than buying lottery scratch-offs for Christmas.
That one has a chance IMO.  I've been telling myself for 6 months I want to grab some LEAP calls.  I've been hoping for a good pullback before I do that.  IV will be high then so that's not a perfect plan.  I am a put selling machine so I could balance it out with some income received on the same day.  Hindsight is 20/20 but you could have bought LEAPS in just about anything during the MAR pullback.
Bought UPRO @ Friday's close, selling on Friday's close.

This OEX week is historically the best week of the year to be long.
(12-14-2020, 04:47 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Bought UPRO @ Friday's close, selling on Friday's close.

I intended to do something similar.  Maybe I'll get a little dip today off the highs.  Work has been interfering with my trading considerably the past week.  Would it be weird if I put in for days off on options expiration Friday?  LOL, I have seriously done that before.  I usually end up having to make a few decisions that afternoon.  Smile
(10-30-2020, 02:46 PM)EricL Wrote: ETSY is starting to look pretty tempting around $120.

Had really good earnings earlier this week, and trades at a 60 PE on current estimates.

45 days later and ETSY trades at $178 this morning. Nearly a 50% gain in six weeks.
(12-15-2020, 10:48 AM)EricL Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 02:46 PM)EricL Wrote: ETSY is starting to look pretty tempting around $120.

Had really good earnings earlier this week, and trades at a 60 PE on current estimates.

45 days later and ETSY trades at $178 this morning. Nearly a 50% gain in six weeks.

Gambling is fun when you win Smile
(12-14-2020, 04:47 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Bought UPRO @ Friday's close, selling on Friday's close.

Out on the retest of prior high.
3% for 3 days and move on.