Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus Bargains?
So I've been super busy with life lately and my pencil is not at all sharp for this correction! Let's share thoughts on best bargains being presented right now?

Anyone starting to look at BA at these prices? And clearly the big oil cos are getting super low. And I'm wondering if I'll finally get an entry point into some names I've wanted for a while (DIS, V).

What are the best opportunities being presented by the virus?
(02-27-2020, 10:41 AM)Kerim Wrote: So I've been super busy with life lately and my pencil is not at all sharp for this correction! Let's share thoughts on best bargains being presented right now?

Anyone starting to look at BA at these prices? And clearly the big oil cos are getting super low. And I'm wondering if I'll finally get an entry point into some names I've wanted for a while (DIS, V).

What are the best opportunities being presented by the virus?

Add to what you already own maybe?  Skip your dog stocks when good stuff is on sale.  That was a little vague though.  

DIS looks good, V is a great company but FAR from undervalued.  I am buying a few V shares but it's highly likely they pre-announce a revenue miss. 

I like Delta Airlines a lot here, best in the industry and putting my money where my mouth is.  HON is my favorite industrial, MMM when sanity returns and they dip.  We are getting close to most any defense stock being fair value or much better.  My boring stock high div low volatility picks would be IP and ADM.   Cracker Barrel is getting smoked.  They have about zero flu risk IMO.  I love that Div, and the southern food lol.  I trade some and it's like taking candy from a baby lol.  It;s a good DGI stock and I hold some for that purpose.  Stay the hell away from tech right now!  I'm not impressed with 10% off stocks that ran 50-100% in 2019.  If the market capitulates for real they have MUCH more to give back. I'll play that lottery later. 

The above advice was free.  No refunds lol.
I have a big list so too many to list lol

I did add to MO, TD ENB, and V this morning

WBA, R, AFL, VFC, ADM, LHX, UTX, SBUX, BEN, AXP, ENB, CSCO, DFS, V, TD, MO, PSX, DIS. RCL and UPS

Some I would buy now and others I'm waiting on. Lots of companies will be pre-warnings on the next 2 quarters due to the virus. And stocks like SBUX, RCL, UPS and DIS I can wait on. They have too much presence in China.

RCL is a name I have always wanted to own but who knows how far that one will drop. Its down from $135 to $73 lol
I added MO, XOM, BKR, NOC, oXY, RTN, PFE, AAPL and bought calls for s&p.
DIS looking good here for me so I nibbled - Holding a lot of dry powder though, hopefully things will get worse.