Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividend Growth ETFs?
He's a closet MOMO investor. Smile
(08-18-2021, 09:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote: He's a closet MOMO investor.  Smile

Haha good one. And all that research he does and he still comes up with a buy signal  Big Grin

I want what he's drinking  Tongue
(08-18-2021, 09:15 AM)kblake Wrote:

Haha good one. And all that research he does and he still comes up with a buy signal  Big Grin

Be nice, I kinda like him.  He does find some decent stocks but we have to teach him to sell before they drop.  Smile
(08-18-2021, 09:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Be nice, I kinda like him.  He does find some decent stocks but we have to teach him to sell before they drop.  Smile

It's all in good fun. Everyone here is great.... And almost? I'm sure he will take that  Big Grin

I want to know his thoughts on RIO? It's lost $15 in a matter of weeks when he was touting it lol. How about average down on that name. Oh wait its a dip not at a high. Forget about it  Big Grin
(08-18-2021, 09:30 AM)kblake Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 09:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's all in good fun. Everyone here is great.... And almost? I'm sure he will take that  Big Grin

I want to know his thoughts on RIO? It's lost $15 in a matter of weeks when he was touting it lol. How about average down on that name. Oh wait its a dip not at a high. Forget about it  Big Grin
I know it's all in good fun.  Anyone wishing for anybody else here to get truly wrecked should just leave.  Ken does scare the hell out of me with his money lol.  Feel like I am lecturing myself 25 years ago.  It's all fun and games until the market gets hammered and stays there a couple years.  I learn plenty from the younger crowd here for sure.
Actually, I made my initial purchase of SCHD over a month ago; I just thought it worth reporting in this thread.

RIO ... well, it's following the price of iron ore ... down. And looking at the Iron Ore price chart, it has a lot of down to go.

Relevant article: https://www.mining.com/iron-ore-price-do...t-decline/

"In September 2020, President Xi Jinping formally announced that China will aim to achieve a peak in carbon emissions before 2030, followed by carbon neutrality before 2060. As part of the decarbonization efforts, the Chinese government at the start of the year announced its intention to start reducing steel production in 2021.

However, China’s crude steel output in the first half grew nearly 12% compared with a year earlier.

“We think it is reasonable to expect second-half steel production growth in China will slow down meaningfully from the first half,” JPMorgan analysts said in a note.

JPMorgan expects Chinese demand to recover strongly in the fourth quarter, leading to a strong rebound in both steel prices and margins.

“After record-strong steel production in 2021 H1, we are starting to see China’s steel output decline. Margins have been falling, especially for steel producers supplying the construction industry, and we are getting more clarity of how the government’s announced production cuts will be rolled out and affect various provinces and steel mills in the second half of the year, said CRU’s steel analyst Richard Lu in a note.

China is industrializing like mad, and it needs steel. The problem with steel is that its production releases carbon into the atmosphere. But they aren't simply going to stop industrializing, so I really don't know what's going to happen. Hopefully they come up with some way to capture the carbon produced in making the steel, and store it rather than release it to the atmosphere.

Anyway, while there's hope, I'm not holding this down into the drain. Definitely worried on this one.
My commodities are getting beaten up. Got in some early and they are fine. Six months ago was too late and now we struggle. So tempting to add on dips but it's a mistake. They aren't done but the easy money has been made. Every bullish commodity cycle looks great until it suddenly isn't.

China has cut back on steel production but they can make more anytime they like. You only need to look at construction lumber for a recent example. In a years time it went from $450 per thousand board feet to about $1700 this spring, and back to sub $500 in six weeks off the peak. Overpriced lumber still in the supply chain retailers are selling at a loss (HD and LOW), and mills cutting back production now to restore some normalcy.